Safe Environment Program
Churches, schools, and youth organizations must ensure that children and youth who worship, study, or participate in activities sponsored by St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible.
- Register on http://www.preventandprotect.org
- Enter the passcode stlprotect when prompted.
- Select the type of location where you are a volunteer or employee.
* If you are active at only one location, this will be your
* If you are active at more than one location,
click the ADD PARISH/LOCATION
- Complete your personal information.
Please enter your legal first name for the purposes
of the background screening.
- Create a user name and password clue.
- You will then be prompted to submit information for a background screening, register for a “Protecting God’s Children Workshop”, view two online training modules, and agree to the Code of Ethical Conduct.
* If you have previously attended a PGC workshop, the system will
find and ask you to confirm you previous record of attendance.
You will not be prompted to register for another workshop.
- If a paid position, download, complete and submit a W9 Form to the Parish Office.
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance.
Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor, or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services, Children’s Division
Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline:
Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline: