It was German immigrants who in 1895 established St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church. Ursuline nuns opened a school at the parish two years later. The parish continued to grow and soon needed a larger place to worship.
Parishioners constructed a new stone church in 1939. It’s the same church used for Mass today. The church and parish thrived through the years requiring a larger school that was built in 1955. A centennial celebration ensued in 1995 with the dedication of a time capsule buried at the northeast corner of the church.
Today St. Michael’s consists of more than 500 families from the local and surrounding communities. We continue to have the same vision as our founding mothers and fathers. We still maintain the same goals of those in the past. Our mission is to “enhance the spiritual growth of our parish community, reach out in welcome to others and share the vision of the Catholic Church.”