Do you like to sew? Are you good at videography? Can you sing? What about coaching, or cooking hot dogs? Are you talented at organizing and motivating others? Are you looking for a prayer group? Do you like to work with the disabled or homebound? What about babysitting? Gardening? Scouting? We have all of this and more at St. Michael.
- Arts and Entertainment is a group of committed and creative people who work with liturgical colors, fabric, flowers and other artistic media to beautify the worship space of our parish.
- Musicians, Cantors and Choir (youth/adult/resurrection) are singers as well as musicians who lead the congregation in beautiful music for liturgical celebrations.
- Extraordinary Ministers assist the priests and the deacons in the sharing of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ during Mass and prayer services.
- Hospitality Ushers/Ministers greet everyone as they enter church for Mass. They assist with seating, take up the collection, assist with the flow of communication, and hand out the bulletin after Mass. They also assist with emergency and special needs.
- Lectors are parishioners trained to share God’s word by proclaiming the fist and second readings during Liturgy of the Word.
- Legion of Mary is a global lay organization that brings members closer to Jesus by prayer and brings Jesus to others by visiting sick, shut-in, and nursing home residents.
- Liturgy Committee meets throughout the year to coordinate the liturgical life of the parish. They are a highly effective community resource and assist staff in planning liturgical and spiritual events.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word is a volunteer opportunity to teach pre-communion children who leave for a portion of the Mass until they may celebrate the Liturgy of the Word at an age appropriate level.
- Sunday School Volunteers assist preschool-age children (too young for Children’s Liturgy) in activities where they learn about Jesus and the Gospel.
- Retreats is an opportunity to plan, organize and recruit parish men and women for spiritual reflection at various area retreats, i.e. Men’s Annual White House Retreat.
- Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) is a spiritual renewal process designed to bring members of the parish together in Christ through scripture study, prayer, the sacraments, and fellowship with members of the parish community.
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is for any adult who is interested in joining the Catholic Church or who would like to inquire about the Catholic faith. One can be a participant (catechumen), a teacher (catechist), or a sponsor.
- Altar Servers are parish boys and girls entering the 5th grade or above, who assist the priest at daily and weekend Masses, weddings, funerals, and special liturgies.
- Youth Ministry invites all High School teens to share faith, prayer, discussion, and fun.
- Sacristans keep the church, chapel, sacristies, vestments and linens neat, tidy, and clean.
- Eucharistic Adoration is open on Wednesdays from noon to 8 p.m. for committed adorers or drop-in visitors to rest and pray before Jesus present in the Blessed Sacrament.
Adult Religious Education/Bible Study offers opportunities for adults to grow in their faith